Resources for Success
By: Ana Sosa, Teacher
Do you have those days where you say to yourself, “I don’t need school,” or those days when you just don’t feel like rolling out of bed and turning on your computer to complete 5 hours of work and 5 lesson in each subject? You’re not alone, but doing well in school will set you up to have the life you want down the road. There are many things you can do to keep yourself motivated in school.
- Learn to value school and remind yourself why you are doing this: School may be boring on a day-to-day basis, but remember that without school, you won’t be able to live the life you want as an adult. Keeping your goal in mind encourages you to stay dedicated and focused until the end.
- Stay organized: One of the keys to success is organization. Having an organized schedule of what needs to be completed daily will help complete work on time and reduce stress. Schedule your study time in your day. Get into a routine. Use your tools like your GANTT chart, Google Calendar, and your Activity Tracker in Accelerate to help manage your time.
- Take breaks: Give yourself a mental break between lessons. Do some stretches, exercises or anything to let your brain restart. This will help you stay focused.
- Create a good studying environment. Make sure your study space is set up to help you enjoy your study time as well as you can. Make sure you have everything you need to complete your assignments. Create a distraction free zone.
- Ask for help: There is no shame in asking for help! In fact we encourage you to call your teacher or friend.