By: Katy Allamong, Director of Independent Study
As we enter the final quarter of the school year, we are pushing everyone, staff and students, to close out the year with a bang! Thank you to everyone who was able to come in for the parent teacher conferences. Connecting with you and creating plans to help your child be successful is what makes our program succeed. We are still pushing for an increase in attendance, which means that each child is working at least 4 hours each day.
State testing will be starting in the next couple of weeks and going through May. If you child is required to take the test, we will be sending a letter home and following up with phone calls/texts. These tests are mandatory by the state.
We can use your help to get your child ready with the tips below!
Ingenium Wings Independent Study
- Bring your child to school on time the day of the test
- Add the testing date to your calendar
- Communicate with the School
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep before the test
- Give your child enough time to get ready in the morning
- Give your child a healthy breakfast
- Talk to your child about how the test went
- Give your child a change to practice
- Get them excited about the test – it’s their time to shine
For more detailed information visit: LAUSD Parent Testing Tips